Depression Counseling in Monmouth County, NJ
Depression is a common, yet serious mental health disorder. Those suffering with depression often experience persistent feelings of sadness and hopelessness. It may also become difficult to complete your basic day-to-day tasks or you might lose interest in things that used to bring you joy. Sometimes, depression can even come in the form of physical symptoms, such as chronic pain or digestive problems.
Common Depressive Diagnoses
Some of the common depressive diagnoses are major depressive disorder, persistent depressive disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, and depressive disorder due to another medical condition.
- Major depressive disorder is one of the most common mental health disorders in the U.S., marked by depressed mood and/or loss of interest or pleasure during a 2-week period.
- Persistent depressive disorder can be described as having a depressed mood for most of the day, consistently, for at least two years. This used to be referred to as Dysthymic disorder.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder is a condition during the premenstrual cycle that causes severe irritability, depression, or anxiety, and subsides within a few days of menstruation.
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder is a childhood condition in which children struggle to regulate their moods and emotions in an age-appropriate manner.
- Depressive disorder due to another medical condition is when depression is present as an effect of a diagnosed medical condition.
Treatment for Depression includes CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Meditation Practice, and more
Medication, talk-therapy, or a combination of the two are the most common forms of treatment for depression. Some psychotherapeutic approaches to treat depression are Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Psychodynamic therapies, and Eye Movement Desensitization Resolution (EMDR). Oftentimes, a blended approach is used.
Get Depression Counseling in Monmouth County, NJ
Our depression counselors offer therapy for postpartum depression, seasonal depression, and more to the areas of Monmouth and Union counties, as well as online to the entire state of New Jersey.
Our offices are located in Hazlet and Tinton Falls, New Jersey. Request an appointment today.